Wednesday, March 2, 2011

S.C.O.B.A. #4
Ink on paper
22” x 30”
1985
"When I lived downtown I had a nice girlfriend and she went away for the summer. She left her goldfish in my care. It was about an inch long. She won it at a fair. I put it in one of my large aquariums and it grew and grew into a fine sized fish. I named it “Gefilte.” We lived together in a big loft. Gefilte developed a keen interest in my sculpture. He positioned himself in his tank so he could watch me work and he seemed very enthusiastic when a new piece was completed. I thought I would put motorized wheels on his tank with a small joystick in the tank that he could maneuver to drive himself around the studio. I never did, but I made many drawings of this idea. It is just the reverse of our S.C.U.B.A. diving.
The girlfriend never came back but Gefilte and I lived happily together for many years."
Copyright © Rick Oginz


No comments:

Post a Comment